Thursday, April 14, 2011

Delphi sorcery project on Google Code

Ok, I just created a project on google code and added the first files.

It's a first version of a data binding class which includes a multicast event implementation and a class to add lifetime management to objects that are not inherited from TComponent.

I also added a small sample to show how easy it is to bind properties to controls with just one line!

Some people might call subclassing the VCL controls and adding that unit as the last in the interface uses a hack... I call it using the force for the greater good. 8)

2 comments:

  1. I want a better bind - one that doesn't require string constants to identify a property name.

    Property renaming will break bind-by-string.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure how .Net does this because the PropertyPath.Path property there is also a string. Most likely the IDE and the XAML editor just supports it much better.

    ReplyDelete